RESPONSIBLE VISITOR CHARTER
Joining one of our walking tours is a brilliant way of minimising your carbon footprint while you’re travelling of course, but here’s a few more things you can do to help protect our local environment and support our communities while you’re here…
- Give The Car A Rest – all our tours start and end at points convenient to the local transport network and a Belfast Bikes station. Why not walk, cycle or use public transport when you’re coming to join a tour?
- Shop & Eat Local – Use local products, they give you a flavour of the area and help support local communities. Our guides will be only too happy to suggest their favourite locally owned cafes, restaurants and bars too (especially the bars!)
- Support Local Culture & Heritage – take time to visit our museums, galleries and heritage buildings and attend local events, markets and festivals. This way you are keeping the culture and heritage alive. For example, St. George’s Market runs on the weekends and is packed full of quality local arts, crafts and food stalls!
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – please use the recycling bins placed around the city centre whenever possible. Please also pass on any leaflets that you have finished with, or recycle them.
- Be Water Wise – in your holiday accommodation, turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to towel policies and other water saving initiatives.
- Conserve Energy – always switch off lights and preserve heat by closing windows whenever you leave your hotel room.
- Respect Nature – help us to look after the landscape and wildlife by not littering and using footpaths and cycleways responsibly when you’re in the countryside.
- Support Green Tourism – Check out the list of local tourism businesses committed to reducing their environmental impact. – Look for the Green Tourism logo when booking accommodation, tours and experiences.
- Be Thoughtful…and enjoy yourself!